End of Year Note from the Nurse, Mrs. Zimmerman:
As the school year comes to a close please remember: If you have given me medication or Epi Pens during the year, including over the counter remedies, please stop by before 12 Noon on June 21st. I am unable to send any medication home in your child’s backpack. By law, no medications may be stored in the school over the summer months and will be destroyed.
A new medication order is required at the beginning of each school year for prescription or over the counter medications that are taken on a regular basis. Please note that the medication policy is district wide. All necessary forms can be found on the SPS District webpage under “Nursing /Health Department:”. For those children moving onto Middle School, documentation of your child’s physical exam must be within the past 4 years. Please submit any updates to Sherwood Middle School. All other parents, if your child has a physical over the summer please submit a copy in the fall. Have a Safe and Healthy Summer! Mrs. Zimmermann RN, BSN, NCSN
- Last Day of School, 6/21
- The last day of school is Thursday, 6/21. This day is an early release for students with dismissal starting at 12:10pm.
- Moving? Not Here on the Last or First Day?
- Please notify the office at 841-8880 if you are moving this summer or know that your child will be absent during the last day(s) of school.Also, if you are aware that your child will not be at school on the first day of school in the fall, please call the office now so Cathy can document the absence and notify the teacher.
Important Dates to consider marking in your calendar
*Dates added this week appear in bold print.
June 18– Grade 4 Celebration (9:30-11:00)
August 23– Kindergarten Bus Rides (4:00-5:00pm)
August 23– Coolidge Open House for students K-4 (5:00-6:30pm)
August 23– Coolidge New Family Orientation (Parents Only) 6:30-7:30pm
September 12– Curriculum Night for students in Grades K-1-2 (6:30-7:30)
September 13– Curriculum Night for students in Grades 3-4 (6:30-7:30)
2018-2019 School Supplies & Supply Lists
- 2018-2019 School Supply Lists are now available and ready for you to view. Please visit the Coolidge Homepage to access your child’s grade level specific supply needs. http://schools.shrewsburyma.gov/coolidge/supply-lists
- In addition, the PTO will be running a convenient service opportunity for families to purchase a grade level/ school specific supply pack through Educational Products Inc. Each pack is customized to the teachers of Coolidge Elementary and will be delivered to your child’s 2018-2019 classroom before the first day of school. To order and/or learn more about this opportunity click here. Our school code is: COO127 Order must be placed online to access this service however more information will be sent home with your child on Monday, June 4th.
Coolidge Family Survey Results
Thank you to the 138 families who completed the Coolidge Survey! We appreciate your thoughtful feedback. This represents about 38% of our school population. Although we did not reach our goal of 50 families (25 in Kindergarten) completing the survey per grade level we came very close. Our final totals are as follows: Kindergarten-19 Grade 1-44 Grade 2-33 Grade 3- 36 Grade 4-34. Our next step is to use this data with the Coolidge School Council and Coolidge Faculty Advisory Council to plan for the upcoming school year. If you’d like to read the results please click here for a survey summary. Please note any specific names other than Mrs. Ostrander’s has been removed for confidentiality purposes.