We made the call earlier this morning to CANCEL the Playground meetup scheduled for tonight (Tuesday, August 14) due to expected rain. We are re-scheduling for TOMORROW (Wednesday, August 15) from 6-7 pm. Please help to spread the word. We looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at the Calvin Coolidge Playground.
Bus Registration for the 2018-2019 School Year: Now Open
All students who plan to ride a bus to any of the Shrewsbury Public Schools, St. John’s High School, Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School, St. Mary’s School, Montessori School, or Al Hamra Academy MUST REGISTER for service at this link.
The deadline for registration is June 30th after which time a $50 late fee will be imposed. Bus Registration will be closed from July 1st to August 7th.
For those students not eligible for free service, next year’s fee is $300 per rider with a $900 family cap.
Classroom Teacher Assignments for Next Year: Available in August through Powerschool
All K-4 classroom teacher assignments will be communicated through the Powerschool Parent Portal in early August, as has been the practice at the middle school level. This approach will again be used this year to report K-4 classroom teacher assignments. The expectation is that elementary teacher assignments will be available in the PowerSchool Parent Portal in early August. This change was made to improve our ability to ensure balanced class sizes and compositions without having to change a student’s original assignment, given that many students move in and move out of the district during the summer months. It also ensures that families have provided updated contact information in PowerSchool before the start of school. A communication will be sent to families with instructions for accessing this information in PowerSchool.
New Coolidge Faculty Starting in the Fall of 2018!
We have been busy interviewing candidates to fill vacant teaching positions this fall. A big shout out to Sharon Cohen, Karen Jose, and Kristine Hayes who participated on our interview committees as parent representatives. Their feedback was crucial to identifying best fit candidates. Welcome aboard to two new faculty:
- Emily Gauthier- Grade 2 Classroom Teacher
- Emily Gauthier is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island where she double majored in Elementary Education and Psychology. Emily is an enthusiastic educator who prides herself on building meaningful relationships with students. Prior to coming to Coolidge Ms. Gauthier was a Title-I reading tutor in Northborough to support reading and mathematics in grade 2 as well as a Grade 3 Classroom Teacher at St. Mary’s in Worcester.
- Jillian Faldo- Music Teacher
- Jillian Faldo is a graduate of UMass, Amherst with a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education and Performance. Recently, Ms. Faldo recieved her Master’s Deree from Anna Maria College in Elementary Education with a Kodály Emphasis. Ms. Faldo has served as an Elementary Music Teacher and Choral Director for kindergarten through sixth grade in Acton Boxborough since 2012.
Summer Reading and Math for Students
- We offer Summer Reading and Math Calendars for students entering grades K to 4. Hard copies of these calendars will be sent home in student report cards, but you can access them at any time by clicking this link: https://schools.shrewsburyma.gov/curriculum/summer-reading